Monday, 30 December 2013

2013 Recap - Be Good To Me, 2014!

Are you ready for 2014?
2013-recap

I’ve probably said this every year, but gosh, how fast does the time go? I feel like I just blink and the whole year is gonna be over in two days.

Anyways, how’s 2013 been treating you? It’s been an intense year for me, both in positive and negative ways. I have encountered new challenges and hindrances in my way that made me either pulling my hair in frustration or shivering with excitement. All in all, though, I have accepted more than I have given, which I am very grateful for. Getting a dream job and finishing second year of uni with acceptable results are just ones of 2013 highlights for me, as well as meeting a handful of awesome people who have taught me a lesson or two. I have also successfully crossed out some points on my 2013 bucket list, and the remaining goes straight to 2014’s.

Tweaking on the blog was done earlier this year, with new banner and colour palette, which I hope have made this blog more visually appealing for you guys. Next year, hopefully I’ll put a bit more useful stuff in; I do have something on mind. Wait for it, I bet it’s gonna be super beneficial for my lovely readers.

Let’s move on to the food-related highlights, shall we?

I realized that I have not made too many recipes this year, and I blame it to my packed and busy days, sometimes I barely have time to breathe. What I managed to post are samgak kimbap, karaage curry, chicken schnitzel, spaghetti aglio e olio and some simple but great crostini.

I have not been in Jakarta until three weeks ago, so I am not the best person to talk about what has been happening in Jakarta’s food realm. However, I can tell you that food trends and hypes has been coming and departing in Sydney. I think everyone will agree with me if I said that frozen yoghurt crazy spread early this year has driven us crazy, especially with almost a dozen froyo joints open their doors on King St in Newtown. The hype shifted to ramen then, which I welcomed happily, and then cronut craze followed. Please tell me if I missed something. The latest trend is probably brunch cafés, isn’t it? A few have been tried and praised widely, and I am not surprised if there are many more to come.

Obviously I have eaten in a large amount this year, if not excessively, but there are some that had me hold my breath in admiration and went head over heel for. My mom and aunt's great homemade food excluded, if not I'll spend the first week of 2014 talking about it. Here goes.Please note that they're sorted randomly.

These ones are from Sydney Food Blogger Annual Christmas Picnic; (1) Raff’s macarons, (2) 25 kgs of Mr Crackles’ pork crackling, (3) My SeeFood Diet’s salted caramel brownies (best brownies of 2013, really), (4) Irene’s apple, leek and zucchini galette.

2013-best-food1

(5) NaruOne’s fried chicken, (6) Shepherd's Bakehouse’s almond croissant, (7) Napoli in Bocca’s pizza, (8) Ippudo’s pork bun.

2013-best-food2

(9) Black Star Pastry’s chocolate hazelnut torte, (10) Adriano Zumbo’s zonut (not 100% loved but hey I got to try the hippest item!), (11) Devon Café’s banana dessert, (12) The Choc Pot’s salted caramel milkshake.

2013-best-food3

(13) Ramen Ikkyu’s sweet and spicy ramen, (14) Fish Place’s smoked trout, (15) Bao Town’s molten chocolate bao, (16) Ragusa’s durian ice cream.

2013-best-food4

(17) Pasticceria Papa’s ricotta cheesecake, (18) Paramount Coffee Project’s crab po boy, (19) and their french toast brioche too, (20) Bakmi Alok.

2013-best-food5

And of course, I can’t miss the amazing pork belly burger by Raff and The Chur Burger.

IMG_20131121_133955

I reckon that my best photo of the year is this:

milliore-dolsot-bibimbap2

Some events in 2013 are definitely unforgettable, including winning a blog competition, being featured in a magazine for the first time, and meeting one of my absolute idols at the also memorable Sydney Food Blogger Christmas Picnic 2013. Being able to finally check out Night Noodle Markets is also an exciting accomplishment, and I would also give lots of hugs and thanks to those kind people who have invited me to food tastings and sent samples to me. Much appreciated!

2013-event1
(1) Night Noodle Markets 2013, (2) Sydney Food Blogger Christmas Picnic 2013

(1) Chicken schnitzel with Cuca salt, (2) Wine Selectors Australia, (3) Itha’s Puddings, (4) Spaghetti aglio e olio with Bertolli olive oil.

2013-sample

Finally, one of the best things in 2013 is of course your support! Thanks heaps for your comments, suggestions, critiques, encouragements; you guys are awesome!

Happy new year! Let’s hope 2014 will be as sassy and lovely as 2013!

Burn all the fireworks!




Love, Irene


Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. mmm what a delicious year! here's to an ever more delicious 2014

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Irene! Now all we need is the recipe for that lemper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, Helen! LOL i'll work on it! :D

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Irene! What a epic recap of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, Nessy! Meeting you this year is also a highlight for me! ;)

      Delete
    2. Ngaww same here ! :D I still remember I yelled out "OMG Your your IRENE getting fat :P"

      Delete
  4. you've had an awesome 2013.. let's hope 2014 can keep up :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Happy new year, Tina!

      Delete
  5. loads of yummy eats! bring on an even more delicious 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY NEW YEAR IRENE!! great photos! can't wait to see what awesome food 2014 brings to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, Shanshan! Thanks and cheers! :D

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year!
    What delicious images you were able to share, you have certainly had a tasty 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did. Cheers to many more delicious eats in 2014, Gourmet Getaways! Thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete
  8. Happy NEW YEAR!!!! what an awesome recap of 2013! here's to 2014 and to more delicious eats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, gastronomous anonymous! Here's to more delicious 2014! Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  9. Dear Irene,

    Selamat tahun baru. Semoga 2014 akan membawa lebih banyak makanan enak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat tahun baru to you too, ChopindandMysaucepan! Cheers!

      Delete
  10. I know this is a bit late but Happy New Year Irene! Hope you're livin' it up foodwise in the city of J! All your photos are thes best! lol thanks for mentioning my macs & pork belly burger :) Hope to catch up with you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naah it's not late! Happy new year to you too, Raff! Thanks so much for all your support and kind words, same thing goes to you! Hope you'll be having much fun on your holiday soon :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment here !
It's nice to have people around :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...